Warren Church engages and supports each person on their faith journey.
And Jesus said to them, "Follow me." (Matthew 4:19)
- we provide opportunities for learning, practicing our faith, and developing leadership
- we pray for and with one another
Warren Church celebrates the diversity of God's children and God's creation.
Love one another as I have loved you. (John 13:34)
- we lovingly accept people from every walk of life
- we proudly proclaim to be a Reconciling congregation, specifically embracing gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual people
Warren Church professes socially and theologically progressive Christian values
Test everything. Hold onto the good. (1 Thessalonians 5:21)
- we take the Bible seriously but not literally
- we believe God continues to speak through scripture and relationships
- we enjoy dialogue about our beliefs, even if we disagree, and how they help us live in the world
- we can ask question here
Warren Church engages and reaches out to those in need, especially within the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Faith apart from works is barren. (James 2:20)
- we believe God calls us to reach out in every way we can on every occasion that we can--to do all the good we can in every way we can whenever we can (John Wesley)
- we seek to reflect in our worship and programs the diversity represented in Capitol Hill